Our client a leading family run business based in Speke, Liverpool are seeking a Senior Serviced Engineer to join their team.
This role will develop and progress further within the business with exciting and rewarding opportunities available.
Ensuring customers receive an excellent service experience whilst maximising revenue streams for the business.
As a highly experienced service engineer, you are responsible for the installation, maintenance, servicing and repair of our products, as well as other after-sales technical support solutions. Your role will involve a wide variety of tasks working both on-site, off site and supporting our own facilities.
Job Specific Responsibilities
▪ Lead, develop and motivate the service team to ensure customer receive first class service.
▪ Work closely with the sales team, to help grow and develop new revenue streams, by offering service maintenance to customers, managing service contracts and associated works.
▪ Managing the end to end process of enquiry-quote-job-invoice ensuring all stakeholders are managed, the customer is kept informed and relevant processes are followed within agreed time scale
▪ Provide support to our customer by delivering and installing products on a regional basis, including resolving any technical issues.
▪ Reviewing processes and procedures and streamlining to create a more efficient and effective workflow.
▪ Working with the IT Manager to develop our inhouse system's Service module to improve our service and warranty provision.
▪ Schedule jobs and produce timely and accurate quotations and invoices.
▪ Ensure all equipment is quality checked prior to delivery to our customer.
▪ Ensure compliance with our ISO 13485 Quality Management System and company procedures.
▪ Feedback problems identified to the compliance and product teams for constructive product development and improvement's.
▪ Routine maintenance required on a wide variety of internal facilities, equipment and machinery including electrical and manufacturing equipment.
▪ Troubleshooting and diagnosis testing as and when required, with involvement in electrical modifications/project & improvement work.
▪ Controlling inventory in the Service area through stock takes and keeping stock levels to the minimum and setting buffer level for stock of parts.
▪ Champion a safe environment and be a role model for safe working practices. Ensure awareness and adherence of the Health and Safety policy and take action for non-compliance of the policy.
Responsibilities for team members
• Contribute to our ethos of being 'One Team', through TEAMWORK helping each other out and building each other up, sharing knowledge and expertise to help others to encourage a high performing work culture, welcoming the opinions of others
• Embrace change by being PASSIONATE about your work and contributing to a continuous improvement culture. DETERMINED to positively enhance our customers' journey by going over and above.
• Help keep us fair, consistent and compliant by demonstrating a commitment to QUALITY, adhering to our best practice policies and procedures, Quality Management System (QMS), Health & Safety and GDPR requirements.
• Aspire to be DIFFERENT & INNOVATIVE by challenging the status quo and actively participate in the Performance Appraisal and Development Plan (PADP) process to ensure continuous learning and ongoing competency.
We understand and appreciate that in life some people have gained their experience through practise, others have invested in their education and development and others have a combination of both, see below for what this role requires and desires.
▪ Electrical engineering / related discipline qualification such as HNC/HND is required.
Skills & Competencies required
▪ Drive personal quality standards through the monitoring of general appearance, pride in equipment, quality of work and customer relationships.
▪ Pro-active with an ability to multi-task and use own initiative to create solutions, scheduling and planning workload strategically based on location and priorities with a can-do attitude.
▪ Determined and diligent attitude with a flexible and adaptable approach towards daily tasks.
▪ Ability to implement change.
▪ Effective Interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop excellent business and customer relationships at all levels of contact.
▪ Driving license is essential and experience of driving a van would be advantageous as you will be required to drive a van.
▪ SAP Business One desirable.
Knowledge & Experience required
▪ Significant experience managing a service department providing warranty and servicing packages
▪ Team leadership, ability to build and drive effective team working.
▪ Knowledge of Health and Safety and its importance in the workplace.
▪ PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 8.30pm til 5pm with 1 or 2 nights per week servicing clients with over night stay
Other important info
Service engineers often work outside of the company premises and must be able to work without any direct supervision. Regular travel is frequent to support off-site installations, maintenance and repairs, including overnight stays. Travel abroad may also be required on occasion to attend supplier training or support international customers