If you are serious about functional skills, particularly maths and would like to work for an Award Winning, Ofsted Grade Two, well established training provider, who's employers are both global corporations and small local employers, this role could be for you.
You'd be using your expertise as a functional skills tutor to design and deliver engaging, innovative and highly creative training, with the purpose of encouraging a high level of learner engagement. Your colleagues would be a very dedicated team of functional skills professionals with a great track record in helping learners to achieve level 1 and 2 in functional skills.
At the moment, your delivery will be done remotely, so you'd need to be comfortable with this style of delivery and tailor your methodology and learning resources accordingly.
Your learners will be adults of all ages where functional skills forms part of their apprenticeship or traineeship.
Essential for the role:
* You must have a track record in delivering functional skills, particularly maths.
* You will have a great history of supporting learners to achieve level 1 and 2 functional skills within an apprenticeship or traineeship, or employability scenario. This means you will understand how functional skills dovetails into these learning situations.
* You will possess formal qualifications in functional skills, particularly maths.
* With your expertise, you will be totally comfortable in creating your own lesson plans, learning resources and work autonomously.
* You will know that not everyone is comfortable with functional skills and you'll be highly adept and finding innovative ways to engage your learners so not only do they learn, but they have enjoyed learning along the way too.
* If you have a formal training or assessing qualification, that would be very desirable.
* You will be looking for a full time, permanent role