JOB TITLE - Commercial Accountant FP&A EMEA 12 month FTC
DEPARTMENT - Finance
LOCATION - Delta Park, UK
WORKING HOURS - Monday to Friday 8.30-4.30, flexible hours
Do amazing things as part of your every day.
What we do every day feels pretty amazing - we help improve the way people see each day. It's about more than making contact lenses, it's about giving lens wearers freedom and confidence. And everybody has a part to play in making this happen - everybody's contribution counts, whatever their role or experience. Which is why at CooperVision, you'll feel empowered, trusted and supported in everything you do.
As an FP&A Commercial Accountant, you'll be part of a growing global business with a presence in over 40 countries. You'll benefit from extensive training opportunities and personal development. Gain insights and inspiration from collaborating with teams all over the globe. You'll be joining a friendly team that's open, flexible and respectful of each other's differences. We understand that different perspectives bring fresh and unique insights to the mix.
If you share our vision of helping our customers see more clearly every day, get in touch.
What will you be doing:
As our qualified (ACMA/ACCA/ACA) FP&A Commercial Accountant, reporting to our Consolidations & Reporting Manager EMEA, you'll play a key role in the EMEA FP&A function. Your primary focus is on management of the weekly Flash process and driving forward the month-end, forecast cycles and budget process. It plays a vital role in data consolidation for the Region, as well as collecting market information and providing challenge as appropriate. You'll be expected to business partner for each of your markets and SLT, so your excellent communication skills will be paramount in this role.
* Run the weekly Flash process, working with the Markets and SLT to provide insight into quarterly Revenue projections, and submit appropriate data to Corporate
* Support the monthly regional FP&A reporting process, investigating significant Revenue, GM and OPEX movements across the EMEA region. Close liaison with the Market Business Controllers to gain sufficient & appropriate understanding of significant variances and communicate as appropriate to Management/ SLT
* Preparation of monthly regional analytics as part of Regional Review process for Senior Finance Team to present to Corporate Finance in the US
* Run the process for consolidation of data for EMEA FP&A in the quarterly forecast and annual budget cycles, in support of the management team. Ensure significant movements in markets are properly investigated and documented in order to provide meaningful insight to the Senior Management Team
* Carry out comprehensive analysis of the EMEA Budget/Forecast submissions challenging the EMEA region teams where appropriate
* Provide support in driving forward the Regional Customer P&L process, working closely with Key Stakeholders and taking inputs from the different sources, consolidating and providing appropriate analysis/commentary
* Business partner for the ACE region, as part of the overall EMEA Region, working closely with the Commercial Finance Manager for ACE
* Support the development and roll out of BI tools and play a key role in generating standardized system reports to the EMEA region, with the overall goal of "Innovate once, repeat many". These reports should provide effective management reporting and enable business partnering across all EMEA markets
* Provide EPM training and support to the EMEA markets and regional teams to help build their skills to enable the teams to create their own reports when necessary
* Support the EMEA markets & regional team in efforts to move towards a more quarterly focused environment
* Provide in depth analysis of market trends to provide insight on factors influencing business performance
What skills and experience should you have?
* Between 3-5 years' experience in FP&A data consolidation across multiple entities for management reporting, including multi-currency working
* Proven ability to effectively analyse actual vs plan results and summarise underlying drivers of variances as well as providing clear and succinct interpretation of results to management teams
* Adept at working cross functionally and at multiple levels to achieve results. Business partnering experience, working with multiple teams
* Ability to work past a problem on own initiative, driving solutions to a conclusion
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience in Hyperion/Essbase for report use and creation
* A high level of computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, but the use of integrated financial systems, databases, word processing and PowerPoint
* Competent at management & prioritization of work, paying attention to deadlines
* Previous Hyperion/Essbase cube experience in report use and creation
* Previous use of COGNOS systems and Tableau systems are beneficial
What we offer
You'll receive competitive compensation and a fantastic benefits package including; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare cover, life assurance, a discounted contact lens scheme and much more!
If you like what you see, take the first step towards your brighter future and apply today. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal consideration and opportunities from CooperVision