Position: Project Engineer (Powertrain Electrification - Charging & Conversion)
Remuneration: £Negotiable, Full Benefits, Bonus & Discounted Car Scheme
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire, are actively seeking a Project Engineer - Powertrain Electrification (Charging & Conversion) to join their highly successful team in the West Midlands. In this role, you will be responsible for the on-time delivery of all DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicles across all car programmes. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive, albeit negotiable basic salary, together with a full comprehensive benefits package, to include car discount scheme and bonus.
As Project Engineer, Charging & Conversion, in Powertrain Electrification, you will be responsible for the following activities:
* To define, own and deliver DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicle from concept through to production, including achieving:
* Quality: Identify & contain potential quality concerns using engineering quality systems (FMEAs, Robustness).
* Cost: Definition of programme cost targets and working with suppliers to deliver system that achieves these targets.
* Weight: Definition of programme weight targets & managing CAD engineers to design system that achieves targets.
* Function: Generate robust System Design Specification to define system functional targets and feature specification; deliver components to achieve targets; support Test & Development team with DVP planning & execution & ensure supplier tests are completed on time.
* Package: Manage CAD engineers to achieve static & dynamic clearance targets, negotiate component change in other company R&D departments if required to achieve clearances.
* Main point of contact for DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration into vehicle for feasibility, functionality and resolution of technical issues.
* Work cross-functionally with other R&D departments (especially Electrical Circuits and EDS teams) to define DCDC conversion, on-vehicle charging system and efficient power management strategy achieving vehicle requirements.
* Acquire and evaluate competitor benchmark information to influence concept creation in early project phases.
* Coordinate system and supplier comparison studies and evaluate RFQ responses to influence management decisions.
* Develop and deliver commodity strategy for HV DC/DC converters and on-vehicle charging system.
* Establish regular design reviews with cross functional teams
* Train, coach and present technical information and share the knowledge throughout the company.
* Develop and record best practices and lead development of DCDC conversion and on-vehicle charging system design manuals to handle the Powertrain Electrification requirements of today and the future.
Qualifications & Experience ideally required:
* Should ideally be educated to Degree level in Electronic /Mechanical Engineering or similar, although lesser qualifications, but plenty of relevant experience will be considered.
* Will be an experienced Automotive Project Engineer with experience in the delivery of DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration for hybrid and/or electric vehicles.
* You'll have knowledge of all relevant vehicle legislation and certification requirements for Automotive DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging systems and their integration.
* You'll need experience of leading the development of charging strategies and charging profiles.
* Should have knowledge of project life cycle management from early R&D to series production.
* You'll have hands-on experience of working with LV and HV systems.
* You'll be experienced in the leadership of product development projects to production.
Preferred areas of experience include:
* DCDC converters and on-vehicle charging system development for high performance hybrid and/or electric vehicles.
* Understanding of hybrid and electric powertrain system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels.
* Automotive powertrain electrical, electronic and mechanical integration knowledge.
* Use of test equipment to support electrical and electronic system testing.
* Driving product development issues to a resolution.
* Strong user of MATLAB/Simulink
* Experience with CAD (NX, CATIA)
This position is available immediately.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: (phone number removed)
Mobile: (phone number removed)