Leading Setter Operator
This continually progressive engineering company seeks a Leading Setter Operator to set and operate perforating and CNC presses, to support the efficient running of the manufacturing team producing high quality components.
The position will give you the opportunity to play a major part in an autonomous manufacturing team.
Producing quality parts at output target.
Carrying out checks in line with ISO 9000:2000 procedures.
Ensuring quality standards are met and high standards of housekeeping are maintained.
Drive continuous improvement within the team.
Attend meetings and generate improvement ideas.
Assist in developing team member competencies, identify training/development needs and work with the team leader and production planner to achieve these.
Background and experience required;
* Ideally you will have knowledge of sheet metal and worked within a manufacturing environment.
* Numerate and literate and able to read technical drawings and use measuring equipment such as Verniers/Micrometers.
* PC Literate and work accurately and methodically to tight timeframes within a busy manufacturing facility.
* CNC experience is desirable but not essential.
* Live within a reasonable commute of central Reading.
Desirables: Supervisory and/or Man management experience, experience of best practice, Power press regulations certificate, counter balance forklift, first aid and internal auditing to ISO9000:2000.
Alternating shifts of 6-2pm and 2-10pm .
So if you are looking for a long-term, permanent position, please send your CV to the address below.
Salary is £28k but would consider £30k for right mix of skills and exp+PRP and other bens.
Socially distanced work in a small team. PPE provided and hand sanitisers