Job Title: Electrical Build Technician
Location: Yatton, Bristol
Job Type: Permanent
Annual Salary: D.O.E
About the company:
The company is a global leader that specialises in the manufacture of high tech, high precision systems for the Semiconductor market.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Production team and work on the assembly build of high-tech, cutting edge products. You will develop new capabilities and work on some of our most complex system configurations. For this role you will need a strong engineering background and a high level of technical skills and knowledge.
Role & responsibilities:
As an Electrical Build Technician, you will be wiring on various types of control panels and special purpose machinery used within the Semi-Conductor Industry. You will be wiring to high standards following engineering drawings and schematics. Wiring of electrical components including single & 3 phase wiring, LV, MV control panels. You must be able to do point to point wiring, cable crimping and terminating. You will be working with components such as Relays, Contactors, MCB's, Inverter Drives. Knowledge of PLC control systems would be added advantage.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Build systems, sub-assemblies and piece parts for complex systems efficiently to the right quality levels and ISO standards, and to achieve build schedules
* Ensure that the requirements of the BOM and the customer specification are achieved
* Identify and resolve build problems
* Report technical issues and record using the FRACAS process
* Maintain your levels of technical competence by undertaking necessary training
* Act as a point of reference to ensure that the technicians within the build area are fully aware of the build sequence
* Train and guide less experienced technicians
* Set an example of the highest level of build cleanliness, housekeeping and Health and Safety issues within the build areas, and support and promote 5S initiatives
* Contribute to the performance of the Production Team through continuous improvement initiatives
* Work on a rotating shift pattern in line with the rota notified to you by your Team Leader.
Essential unless otherwise stated:
* Time served Electrical apprenticeship or City and Guilds part 3, or HND, HNC, or BTech level 3
* Detail wiring skills to precision level, including:-
* Lead free soldering
* Panel wiring to schematics
* Ability to read electrical drawings
* Ability to fault find and implement corrective action
* Ideally - combination of mechanical, electrical and electronic assembly skills
* Ideally - experience of working in the semiconductor industry
* PC skills
* Highly committed team player
* High standards of build quality; flexible, co-operative and willing; punctual and self-disciplined
* Good communication skills.
Structured career development opportunities
Good work life balance
Private health care
A share plan incentive
25 days annual leave
A defined contribution Group Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
Working days: Monday to Friday
Rotating Shift Patterns:
Early Shift: (6am - 2pm) Monday to Thursday and (6am to 11am) on Friday. Half days on Fridays
Day Shift: (8am - 4.30pm) Monday to Thursday and (8am to 1pm) on Friday. Half days on Fridays
Late Shift: (2pm - 10pm) Monday to Thursday and (11am - 4pm) on Friday. Half days on Fridays