Head of Russian
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: March 2020 End Date: N/A
Job Overview for the Head of Russian Role:
iQ Education are looking for an energetic, well qualified and highly committed person possessing excellent language and literary skills, to provide dynamic leadership of the Russian teaching within a highly successful Modern Foreign Languages Department at a fantastic school in Harrow.
As an Academy for students aged 11 to 18 years our client welcome students of all abilities. They set high expectations for all students and this is demonstrated by the outcomes achieved. Last academic year, 77% of students achieved five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C including Maths and English. These achievements are only possible with the hard work of students, support of parents and the highly qualified and dedicated staff that they value.
Responsibilities and Duties Required for the Head of Russian Role:
The person to be appointed to the role will be an excellent communicator, possessing very good leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of communicating his/her enthusiasm for languages to all and his/her vision for the department to colleagues. Strong organisational skills are required as is the ability to manage a heavy workload and to deal swiftly and efficiently with day-to day matters as they arise.
* Overall development of the Russian curriculum within the MFL Department
* Overall responsibility for the organisation of school trips to Russia
* Overall responsibility for the assessment and examination policy in the Russian Department
* Overall responsibility for the administration of the Russian department budget
* Liaison with the school librarians
* Ordering of departmental resources
* Liaison with the Polyglot Society committee
* Responsibility for extra-curricular activities in Russian
Requirements for the Head of Russian Role:
* You will be qualified to teach in the UK holding QTS following your PGCE, SCITT, GTP or OTT
* You must have experience as a Russian Teacher in the UK.
* You will have a good degree in the subject area or a relevant subject
* You will have a solid CV of experience teaching in the UK classroom to the UK curriculum
* You will be an inspirational educator to plan and deliver exceptional lessons
* You will be capable of demonstrating outstanding practice in your classroom
* You will be prepared to be a part of the wider school community
If this Head of Russian role sounds like you then please click apply