- SECURE ENVIRONMENT
- TERM TIME + 3 WEEKS
Our client is a leader in their field and have a number of projects across the UK where they support 16-25 year olds within a safe learning setting. They are now looking for an experienced SEN/D Inclusion Manager to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for all admin in relation to local authority processes for SEN/D / LAC learners including but not limited to; preparation and completion of all Annual Reviews, PEP's, EPEP's, Consultations and update of EHCP's.
* Responsible for a caseload of 30-40 learners
* To lead the delivery of outstanding provision that meets the needs of all learners.
* Oversee high standards of teaching and learning for all young people under your supervision
* Monitor pupil achievement / progress and offer intervention where applicable
* Complete accurate and high-quality records that meet statutory deadlines, including: Annual reviews, PEPs, EPEPs, learner passports, behaviour plans, referrals
* Creation and implementation of policies/procedures necessary for the continued development of the organisation
* To monitor the quality of SEND support delivered both by tutors and support staff
* Support colleagues to deliver appropriately differentiated provision
* To be responsible for maintaining your own current CPD, facilitate the sharing of any training received and ensure that awareness of SEND issues is shared and effectively maintained across all staff
* To act as the main point of contact for any SEND / LAC related queries from families, services, key workers, previous provision or other professionals involved with the learners on your caseload.
* To arrange and carry out Annual Reviews, PEP's etc as well as completion and submission of all relevant paperwork, acting as chair for these meetings and liaising with outside agencies
* Completion of Post 16 Consultation paperwork to the LA within the legal timeframe to reflect this.
* Arranging site visits for any prospective new learners and their families to assist with transition
* Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
Skills and Experience
* At least 2 years' experience working in an SEN/D setting with secure judgements of good and outstanding provision
* Experience of holding/chairing meetings e.g. annual reviews, PEP's, LAC reviews etc
* Experience of delivering specialist interventions to remove barriers to education and accelerate the progress of learners
* Evidence of on-going professional development; attendance on courses, INSET
* Must be able to drive, hold a full UK driving license and have the necessary business insurance
* Thorough knowledge of Local Authority SEND processes and procedures including all relevant paperwork and deadlines Knowledge of the range and type of interventions available and be able to apply these appropriately in the context of the Project's resources and the cohort
* Knowledge of relevant legislation - in particular of the SEND Code of Practice, equal opportunities and disability discrimination legislation and how these apply to learners with EHCP's as well as those without Ability to build strong professional relationships with a variety of people i.e. young people, colleagues, adults, parents/carers, professionals etc.
* To have empathy for learners in the most challenging of situations
* Patience, understanding, caring, sense of humour
* A commitment to promoting inclusion, equal opportunities and meeting the individual needs of our learners.
* A thorough understanding of what the barriers to education are for the young people that attend i.e. substance misuse, mental health, youth offending etc. and how our approach needs to differ based in the needs of the young person
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent presentation and inter-personal skills
* Excellent time and task management skills Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Ability to use data effectively in setting targets
If you feel you have the skills and experience required, please upload your CV in the first instance