Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £22,796 - £23,504 per annum
Qualification: Level 3+ in Early Years or equivalent
Location: 15 Pembury Road, Pembury Estate, London, E5 8LU
Despite the challenges of the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we are still recruiting for staff in our nurseries. We are only able to conduct telephone interviews at this point in time as we need to follow the Government's guidelines on social distancing.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is keen to hear from you and the Recruitment Team will be reviewing all applications. We will then be offering telephone interviews to successful candidates. We can then advise you on the next stage in the recruitment process. Please keep applying.
Our nursery is based on the Pembury Estate in Lower Clapton close to Hackney Downs and Hackney Central stations. Joining LEYF in 2015, the nursery is a light and roomy setting where children love to play and explore. The Nursery benefits from having 2 gardens, one for under 2's and the other for the pre-schoolers. The management at this nursery work very closely with staff to ensure the best outcomes and practice is provided at all time.
We are recruiting a new Room Leader who will manage the room and supervise a team of Early Years professionals by creating and planning daily and weekly routines featuring activities that stimulate and encourage children's curiosity. You will role model behaviours for other members of staff as well as for the children with your creativity and passion.
As a LEYF Room Leader you will work closely with the management team to ensure that best practice is maintained and delivered throughout the nursery to ensure we provide the best experience for our children and their families.
* Full and relevant child-care qualification at level 3 or above.
* Strong knowledge of safeguarding, child protection and how this is monitored in a nursery setting.
* At least 6 months experience working in an early year's setting
* To champion LEYF's values and advocate our mission to save the world one child at a time.
* To encourage a supportive team atmosphere and the ability to work together in a positive and compassionate way.
* To continually strive for best practice in yourself and inspiring others.
* To be dedicated in achieving the highest standard of education and care
* Have a passion for making a difference in their communities.
* A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
* 50% off of childcare
* Refer a friend bonus
* Up to 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
* Full access to LEYF Academy - minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
* 10% GLL Gym discount
* 7% employer contribution towards pension
* Salary increase after probation
* Overtime pay
* Interest free Annual Season Ticket loan
* Free life assurance
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
"The London Early Years (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required