Title: Consultant in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Location: North Devon
Salary: Competitive, dependent upon experience.
Type: Full Time
Goodall Brazier is working closely with a large, independent provider of Integrated Children's Services across the UK linking CAMHS in with a whole range of other agencies, health and social care in particular, but also with strong links into education. Our client have a range of current innovative developments; an active programme of research into service organisation and delivery. They offer flexible care for young people aged 12-17.
The successful candidate will have experience in screening or assessing Autism, ADHD, and severe eating disorders. In addition, familiarity with emerging borderline personality disorder.
The role will be based in North Devon area; the candidate will be tasked with providing
Psychiatric input to the multidisciplinary team, contributing to clinical and team management decisions and providing consultation to others. You will be will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to working flexibly with colleagues from other disciplines in an integrated way and acknowledging their expertise where appropriate.
The client is looking for an individual who's a consultant psychiatrist (CAMHS) with previous experience within Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Including the ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients and clinical audits.
• Be involved with the assessment, formulation and development of management plans for young people, particularly strong emphasis on leadership, both clinical and in terms of service development
• Be involved directly in the assessment and diagnosis of psychiatric aspects of young peoples' presentations and in delivering psychiatric treatment where appropriate within an overall management package.
• Liaise and communicate with families and other involved agencies, including contributing to referrals as appropriate to other units (forensic or otherwise).
• Basic Medical Qualification
• Full GMC Registration
• Included on the General Medical Council (GMC) Specialist Register, or Specialist Registrars within 6 months of completing their CCST at the time of interview.
• Section 12 and Approved Clinician approval (or eligibility for Section 12 and Approved Clinician approval.
• Evidence of effective Audit.
• Experience of training staff/teaching to other medical and non-medical staff.
• Previous leadership/managerial experience.
If you can offer the above coupled with professionalism, true commitment and dedication then this is the right opportunity for you. To apply please contact Sarah Carter and Sam Mwando at Goodall Brazier on (phone number removed) - (phone number removed) forward a copy of your CV to Sam Mwando
Goodall Brazier is now one of the fastest growing Health Care Executive Search Consultancies' of its kind in the UK, our business works and grows by referrals. If you know anyone suitable for the above opportunity please don't hesitate to contact us confidentially