We are working in partnership with an established national client sitting within the 'Industrial/Manufacturing' space in the hire of a Chief Accountant, to be based in their Head office Gateshead.
Reporting into the Finance Director you will have the tenacity to lead a department going through recent transformations, therefore a confident self-starter, open to regular communication, comfortable in managing a change and hit the ground running! You will be in the exciting position of directly managing and building up a team of 12 - including accounts payable and credit control teams. Along with deputising for the FD as required and involvement of clear Senior Group communication channels overseas.
Overseeing all accounting reporting functions of the company including AP, AR and Treasury. Responsible for the integrity of the accounting records as well as supporting the commercial arm of the business with reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
* Day to day leadership of the team with responsibility for financial and management accounting
* Monthly reconciliation and analysis of P&L and balance sheet accounts
* Supporting the annual budgeting and weekly forecasting process
* Overseeing the AP, AR and banking functions including reviewing supplier reconciliations and assisting in the resolution of queries
* Preparation of management accounts to Group standards and timelines
* Monthly reconciliation and analysis P&L and balance sheet accounts
* P&L reports including presentation of board reports ensuring full and accurate transparency of business performance
* Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax and statutory returns being the company point of contact for auditors and HMRC
* Cashflow management and forecasting including banking relationship management for working capital control.
* Management and development of accounts payable and credit control teams
* Deputising for the Finance Director as required
* Project work as requested by the CFO including development areas of the core finance system
* Ensure adherence to IFRS accounting standards
Essential - Must have an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA),
Desirable - Accounting Degree
* Previous Finance Management Experience.
* Good working knowledge of Excel
* Good Knowledge of IFRS and IFS 101
* Good Tax and Statutory reporting Knowledge
* Knowledge of Powerpoint, CAM Systems, Excel based reporting
* Knowledge of Hyperion
* Excellent Communication and listening skills.
* Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
* Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and demands.
* Ability to identify and make recommendations for process improvement.
* Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines.
* Accuracy & attention to detail
* Willingness to take ownership of problems within areas of influence