Samuel Whitbread Academy is looking to appoint an efficient, committed and enthusiastic individual to this challenging and fulfilling role. We expect our Finance Assistant to have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail as well as confidence to use specific IT and accounting packages. JOB TITLE:
Finance AssistantBASED AT:
Samuel Whitbread AcademySALARY/GRADE RANGE:
NJC Scale 2D Points 4-6 (actual £10,928 - £11,369)RESPONSIBLE TO:
: 24.00 hours per week, term-time only plus one week and 5 pro rata designated staff training daysABOUT BEST:Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST) comprises ten flourishing academies and two nurseries delivering first choice education, from Early Years to Advanced Level study. Our vision is 'to grow the BEST in everyone.' We believe in the importance of high expectations, hard work and the development of a community of schools where each of us strive to 'be the best that we can be.' Our schools work together to add value and compete to continually improve.PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Working as part of the Finance Team, the post holder will be expected to provide support and assistance to ensure the management and processing of finances is undertaken efficiently and in a timely manner.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
HOW TO APPLY:
- To maintain accurate and complete records of all income and expenditure within the school budget and School Fund, working at all times in accordance with the school's agreed financial procedures.
- To assist in the preparation of the annual budget, producing and monitoring monthly budget reports for all budget holders, producing out-turn reports and carrying out year-end procedures.
- To produce data and reports on financial matters as required by the Principal.
- To receive, record and bank cash and cheques received from pupils and staff in respect of educational visits, school photographs etc. and issuing receipts as required.
- To be responsible for petty cash, ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To carry out monthly reconciliation of bank statements, production and checking of month end reports including cashflow, trial balance, debtors/creditors, and quarterly VAT reports.
- To process orders by raising purchase orders and requisitions, dealing with goods received and chasing up outstanding orders as necessary.
- To deal with payment of invoices, recording and checking details and preparing weekly BACS run for authorisation.
- To carry out daily check of bank account and record transactions.
- To check monthly payroll reports and record the expenditure in the accounts.
- To record and chase income in relation to SEN funding.
- To process online orders, and carry out monthly reconciliation of credit card statements and post transactions.
- To raise sales invoices, and chase payment where necessary.
- To communicate effectively with Academy suppliers, parents and any other third parties who make contact with the school regarding financial matters.
- To deal with the production of all financial returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensure compliance with and application of current legislation and school policies to maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- Ensure compliance with and application of the Academies requirements with regard to data equality and diversity and health and safety, including demonstrating respect for others, fair and impartial behavior in dealing with all people, and maintaining a healthy and safe environment by taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other persons.
For general enquiries about this role, please contact Elle Rees-Rinaldi, HR Assistant on 01462 629900.
We use an application form, rather than asking for CVs for most vacancies. The application form ensures that all applicants present their information in the same standardised format and tell us only what we need to know.
Applications may be made online via the MyNewTerm website, a link to which is provided below, If you would prefer a Word Application Form, one may be downloaded below and emailed directly to Samuel Whitbread Academy via the contact details provided in the attached supporting document.
All applications must be received by the closing date of:CLOSING DATE: Sunday 24th January 2021INTERVIEW DATE: w/c Monday 25th January 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children's welfare and offers of employment are subject to DBS clearance and satisfactory references.
Strictly no agencies.