About Woodside Academy
Woodside Academy is an all age special school, EYFS-Post 16, for pupils with a primary diagnosis of autism and moderate learning difficulties. The school is a flourishing and vibrant learning community located in the London Borough of Bexley. The school's moto is "All together better" and we are committed to achieving our shared goal of individual and collective excellence for all. Visitors to the school frequently comment on the warmth of the welcome they receive, as well as, how much pupils and staff enjoy being at school.
All posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.
Woodside Academy is part of the Belmont Woodside Federation, as such both Belmont and Woodside academies joined the London South East Academies Trust, LSEAT, in April 2019.About our Vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a teacher and Senco who will join a forward thinking team. If you are an inspirational, highly motivated and talented practitioner keen to help our school as it grows and on its journey to excellence, then we would like to hear from you.
As we are an all-through special school, there are distinct responsibilities relating to primary and secondary phases, hence the option of 2 part-time posts.We are particularly interested in someone who:
In return, we will offer you:
- is passionate about high quality, personalised provision for children with autism.
- is ambitious with an eagerness to make a difference
- is an outstanding teacher who is able to impact others throughout the school
- has experience as a Senco in a mainstream or secondary setting
- has completed or is willing to complete NaSENCo
- will be an excellent role model, especially encouraging positive relationships with everyone they come into contact with
- will be a high profile member of the wider SLT with high expectations of themselves, colleagues and children
- will have the ability to identify areas for improvement within their phase and contribute creatively to help to improve our school
- loves working closely with others to change things for the better
- To work in a diverse and stimulating community;
- To have access to a wide range of resources and support to help you in the role;
- To work as part of a multi-agency team and be at the forefront of leading SEN within the School:
- To further develop and enhance your skills through continuing professional development;