IT Supplier Manager
This is a great opportunity to enhance your career within IT, whilst at the same time working for a leading charitable organisation. The National Trust continues to make substantial investments to transform our technological capability in support of our cause. That's no small task when you consider the incredible breadth of what we do. We strive to deliver powerful infrastructural changes with an ambitious technological roadmap.
We're looking for 2 x IT Supplier Managers to oversee the management and coordination of our key technology supply and the outsourced relationships supporting it. Working across technology, you'll be custodians of the IT Supplier Management Framework - ensuring that suppliers meet their contractual obligations to the Trust.What it's like to work here
We're bigger than you think, we're more complicated than we appear and we're larger scale than you'd imagine. We've got passionate people in all our teams, and we've got so much more we want to achieve. We're for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don't want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situation in Swindon, Wiltshire. We're well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day.What you'll be doing
You'll be an expert in the field of Supplier and Contracts Management, demonstrating experience of managing a portfolio of Tier 1 IT & Technology vendors - including the likes of Microsoft, Oracle, AWS and Salesforce.
This is a newly created role, sitting within a newly created IT Operations function. The jobholder will lead the development and implementation of supplier management capability, educating internal customers on the supplier management strategies. Key to your success in this role will be the ability to create 'strategic' relationships with the key IT & Technology vendors, whilst taking ownership for the pricing/discount structures, SLA's, rules of engagement and the associated governance models.Who we're looking for
- ITIL v3 or 4.
- Broad commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in complex IT environments as a Supplier Manager.
- Financially aware; analytical, with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; confident and articulate.
To find out more about this role and to apply, please click the 'Apply' button.Closing date:
- Flexible working whenever possible.
- Free parking at most locations.
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
- Generous annual leave.
- Subsidised health cash plan.
- Free 24-hour support service.
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary.
- Training & Development tailored to you.
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
24th January 21Interview dates:
21st and 26th-28th January 21
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91620904