We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.Senior Technician (Bridges) PermanentLocation:
The Role: A Senior Technician is an important operational and career development position in our organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility, concept design including buildability and value engineering, detailed design, preparation of works information and contract documentation.
You will implement projects effectively and commercially to meet the requirements of the brief, quality standards, health and safety and environmental standards to both national and corporate standards.Responsibilities Guide
- Delivery of Civil Engineering Design and Construction Management Services to the highest standards
- Achievement of high levels of performance against legislative & service delivery targets.
- To prepare designs and schemes from development of brief to practical completion, including preparation of drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and contract documentation.
- To utilise current industry best practice software packages to improve the delivery of civil and highway engineering services.
Listen | Create | Deliver
- Strong experience of delivering Civil/Highway Engineering Services.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Legislative and Statutory obligations that affect the delivery of Civil Engineering Services.
- Good Knowledge of best practice in Civil/Highway Engineering Sectors.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Revit and Civil 3D and a demonstrable experience and knowledge of RC detailing and steelwork fabrication drawings.
- Experience in a wide range of bridge and highway structure types and materials (masonry arches, prestressed beams etc).
- Experience in managing and performing inspections, topographical surveys and experience in specifying, managing and monitoring intrusive investigations (concrete testing etc).
- A detailed knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Specification for Highway Works.
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We have 20 offices in the UK offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We work with Public and Private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. From inception to delivery, we apply our combined expertise to achieve more from the entire built environment. We provide a unique blend of services and expertise, working with our clients to redefine, create and deliver the infrastructure and places where people will prosper.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita through the Capita Career Progression Scheme structured approach, including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as the basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, and various private insurance schemes. You will have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
REIJobsWhat we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
"Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership"
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.