Our client is looking for a Financial Controller to join there expanding team. This role will report directly to the Managing Director, the role will provide financial leadership, guidance, and control with a focus on developing and implementing business strategies to generate sustainable and profitable growth.
• Ensure the finance teams' preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts to Group's very strict reporting deadline.
• Provide support and guidance to the Director's business strategy, to optimise the Group's financial performance and strategic position
• Responsibility for treasury management with ultimate responsibility for the Company's cash flows with clear visibility of potential issues
• Responsible for ensuring that key business risks (FX, credit and LME) are controlled via appropriately devised hedging strategies, and the subsequent implementation and ongoing management of those strategies
• Production of annual and frequently updated forecasts, budgets and business plans
• Cost accounting duties - understand the manufacturing process to an in-depth level in order to be able to produce product costings when requested:
• Responsible for managing a team & provision of coaching of finance team members where necessary
• Oversee payroll function accuracy, timeliness & legal compliance with a good understanding of basic pension legislation
• Ensure that company financial systems/ internal controls are robust, compliant and can support future growth, implementing improved processes and internal controls where deemed necessary
• Lead for all external audit teams, including statutory, banking audits & Group compliance audits
• Working alongside external auditors, ensure statutory accounts are accurately prepared and published within Group deadlines. Also that corporation tax, VAT, and any other statutory returns and payments are concluded within the required regulatory timescales;
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal & external stakeholders, including Group colleagues, auditors, lenders, advisors, etc.
• Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
• Must have experience in a manufacturing and exporting environment with good knowledge and understanding of commodities and foreign currencies
• Attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce to the highest standards
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work based on deadlines and importance
• Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels and able to form close, collaborative, working relationships with Senior Managers & Directors.
• A proven problem solver - proactive in identifying issues within area of responsibility, recommending solutions and in implementing agreed recommendations
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, and experience with ERP systems (ideally familiarity with SAP or SAP B1) and Sage Payroll