RAF FairfordAbout the jobSummaryJoin the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achieve higher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aiders and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers.
Our staff, future and current will be guided by the 4 Cs and we encourage you to be curious
and continuously strive for improvement, collaborative
in an inclusive culture, bold and resilient and committed
to Defence, empowered and able to challenge
so you can play a key part in shaping the direction of our organisation.
DIO commits to offer its employees the following experience:
• Meaningful, purposeful work
• The ability to learn and grow
• The right opportunities and resources
• To care about your wellbeing
• To feel valued and included About DIO
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is the estate expert for Defence, supporting the armed forces to enable military capability by planning, building, maintaining, and servicing infrastructure.
Our responsibilities include:
• Plan and deliver major capital projects and lifecycle refurbishment
• Provide utilities services
• Manage soft facilities management (i.e. cleaning and catering)
• Provide a safe place to train
• Allocate Service Families Accommodation
• Procure and manage routine maintenance and reactive repair
• Provide a central register of asset information to advise infrastructure planning
• Act as steward of the Defence estate
• Provide the unarmed guarding service
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions, and we work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work Job descriptionThe Challenge
DIO Regional Delivery United States Forces (RD USF) operate within a centralised Head Office at RAF Wyton and 2 regions East and West which span 6 major sites; RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall in the East Region and RAF Alconbury, RAF Croughton, RAF Fairford and RAF Menwith Hill in the West Region. DIO RD USF is responsible for supporting the United States Visiting Force in the UK in the delivery of works; developing and implementing DIO/US Civil Engineering joint policy and procedures and undertaking Estate Stewardship on behalf of the Secretary of State to ensure the estate is Safe and Legally compliant.
The C2 Stewardship Manager is based at RAF Fairford and supports the Senior Stewardship Manager who holds responsibility on a USAF operated MOD base to ensure that the estate is safe and legal, all UK statutory requirements are met as well as MOD mandatory requirements. The terms of reference cover the whole estate, including DIO contractor maintained and operated facilities as well as United States Air Force (USAF) maintained and operated facilities. The job entails a high degree of interaction and briefing to senior UK and US officials, such as the RAF Base Commander.ResponsibilitiesMain ResponsibilitiesStewardship Policy Management
• Ensure compliance with MoD and DIO policy, instructions and guidance. Monitor and take actions to improve compliance, operational efficiency and escalate issues up the governance chain
• Responsible for the Area's Base Facility Management Agreement (BFMA) ensuring the BFMA is updated and reflects current legislation
• Responsible for the Annual Stewardship Report identifying the compliance state and prepare for issue to higher MOD. Liaise and coordinate with other DIO Stewardship Managers Stewardship, Compliance and Assurance Management
• Support the management of the stewardship assurance process relating to the inspection, assessment and maintenance tasks identified in the joint UK/US Service Level Agreement BFMA which describes such UK and US statutory requirements and responsibilities. Also the USAF Form 29 direct contracting approval process
• Support and manage the assurance inspections programme for building and facility assets and BFMA statutory and mandatory tasks to secure a safe and legal estate Stakeholder Engagement
• Responsible for developing and maintaining engagement with major functional / customer stakeholders in support of DIO Stewardship delivery keeping stakeholders informed of mutual objectives
• Attend, actively participate and represent DIO at the following meetings as required; Stakeholder meetings (US Customer, RAF Air Command and DIO Compliance Teams)
• Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, providing advice and guidance on UK Statutory compliance across the estate Leadership and Management
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to DIO values and provide leadership to the team and manage individuals to contribute to DIO outputs. Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements, Health and Safety, and risk assessments
• Promote strong working relationships both withi the team and with other teams across DIO and MODQualifications
Applicant must have NVQ Level 3 in Facility Management/Engineering discipline or have a minimum of 3 years' experience in Facility/Asset Management role which includes a knowledge of facility and asset maintenance requirements.Behaviours
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Communicating and Influencing
We enable our people to work at the right place, with the right peo