An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Participation Manager to join a public sector organisation based in East London on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the Participation and Engagement team is to shape, drive and support efforts to ensure that participation and engagement is core to the delivery of the organisation's way of working. The team plays an integral role in cementing the organisation's radical vision and transformation by:
- Enabling a new collaborative environment with residents, civil society, the organisation, external funders, partners and the private sector to improve outcomes
- Facilitating and managing strategic relationships, developing community assets and supporting the capacity of civil society organisations
- Strengthening cohesion and the community, and increasing the breadth and depth of participation within the community
- Advising on participation, engagement and methods of deliberative democracy in mainstream service delivery across the council
- Attracting external funding and initiatives to develop wherever possible
The successful applicant will ideally have previous local government experience and have considerable experience of design and systems approaches in an organisation and across organisational boundaries. The successful candidate will have the ability to visualise articulate and solve complex problems and concept and make disciplined decisions based on available information and research evidence.
Key duties of the role:
- Take a lead role in the implementation of the Participation and Engagement performance framework both across the organisation and with partners
- Manage the policy function and development with the participation and engagement team
- Develop and promote system thinking, design-led processes and creative approaches to research and problem-solving leading to service transformation
- Facilitate system diagnosis, i.e. getting to grips with the system you are dealing with and how it works - who holds the power, how change happens, where innovation is needed and where the key leverage points are
- Champion a human systems learning approach to issues faced by the organisation and partners and create an environment fit for collaboration, reflection and iteration in responding to these challenges
- Work closely with colleagues and Participatory City to shape the programme and support the development of the future EOED initiative
- Deliver creative engagement, matrix project management and service re-design approaches to support the delivery of service transformation which reflects system changes, using technology to support as appropriate
- Ensure that change is sustained and embedded in new organisational approaches, e.g. through policy development
- Jointly lead the coordination of an organisational Learning Group in support of the organisation's change agenda, and support the delivery of projects which relate to service redesign for systems change which stem from it
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with residents and other partners, Councillors and Officers, in order to develop and embed a learning system approach, and ensure the organisation's programmes and departments are engaged in cultural transformation
- Develop and maintain alliances and partnerships locally and nationally to embed and develop a more human learning systems-conscious approach to local service delivery
- Provide high quality presentations for a cross section of organisations and partners at all levels
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.