Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.What we're building
We now need a Loan & Credit Risk Manager to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Asset Management function, so it can support Canada Life's Individual and Wealth businesses as well as other Great West group companies through the management of their general account portfolios, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers in both Europe and North America.Job summary
Enhancing value for the benefit of shareholders/policyholders and mitigating risk.
The aim is to deliver consistent long term out performance and meet the strategic objectives of the fund in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.What you'll do
Who you are
- Actively manage loan book to deliver consistent long term out performance having regard to risk appetite and profile.
- Implement fund strategy in line with strategic investment objectives.
- Identify, appraise and implement opportunities to enhance asset performance.
- Responsible for day to day management of the loan book undertaking on going annual loan risk ratings on each mortgage, scheduled programme of loan reviews and tenant covenant analysis for both loan and direct property book.
- Internal reporting and ongoing monitoring of asset performance. Maintaining accurate internal data records and processes to the highest standard.
- Experience of investment, development and asset management including market knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver.
- Ability to develop and implement property strategies in a clear and logical manner.
- Good communication skills at all levels both externally and internally.
- Experienced negotiator and deal maker.
- Good wide ranging business contacts.
- Track record of making money through completion of individual transactions.
- Good understanding and ability to manage internal procedures and regulatory processes relating to individual transactions.
What you'll like about working here
- Graduate level (Ideally business related)
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA)
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including car allowance, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.