Contract (12 months)
Systems Accountant required for one of our established clients in Warrington
The Systems Accountant will report into the Finance Director and be required to design and implement internal system controls to provide quality assurance over financial data. The Systems Accountant will also review and maintain all financial systems policies and procedures for the division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Scope, review and improve financial and commercial systems practice and performance by designing and implementing internal system controls.
* Review, update and maintain financial systems policies and procedures, and resolve financial system problems. Work through the existing projects list identified, plus any projects identified under this scope.
* Review systems interaction and improve information flow, and integration of systems, ensuring consistency across the businesses where appropriate.
* Standardise and train users in use of Job Costing modules and other existing Sage 200 modules as appropriate for the business.
* Divisional lead for Systems support, adding new users, managing licences, adding new customers and suppliers as needed, within the relevant business Limits of Authority (LOA). Resolving any queries.
* Improve management information and reporting out of the systems, working with Finance and operational teams to produce monthly management reports.
* Contact and lead on Sage 200, Sicon WAP (or equivalent) automation and integration project.
* Managing system upgrades with the IT department.
* Build templates to meet the organisation's reporting requirements.
* Driving process improvements across the financial ledgers with a move towards simplification and automation of processes
* Provide training on systems to users, keep systems working guides updated.
* Support Finance Director and Financial Controller with internal and external audits
Knowledge & Experience:
* Ideal candidate must be a Qualified Accountant either ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
* Must have knowledge of Sage 200, ERP, CRM experience
* Strong IT background and Excel skills
* Analytical, proactive, effective communicator
* Previous experience in a systems accounting role
* Accounting background with COA, revenue recognition, reporting cycle exposure and understanding
* Values - Pioneering spirit, integrity, energy and resilience
* Experience of multi-currency ledgers and foreign exchange an advantage
* On-site parking
* Private medical insurance
If you are interested in being considered or would like to know more about the role please click Apply Now with the latest copy of your CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age