We are pleased to announce that we are currently recruiting for a Programming & Partnership Officer to join the Sissinghurst portfolio. Do you have a proven track record of developing and delivering a public engagement programme of visitor experiences and participation opportunities within a property in a charitable sector? We are looking for someone to build and maintain developing partnerships and to help, through effective programming, tell our stories and share with a wide audience.
What it's like to work here
Sissinghurst is a highly personal garden planned by two people whose artistry was matched by their plant knowledge and who had an individual point of view. To perpetuate a garden made by two such individuals requires gardeners not only with supreme horticultural knowledge and skill but also gardeners with vision, sensitivity and most importantly an instinctive feeling for the spirit of the place.
What you'll be doing
The Sissinghurst portfolio has a high profile with International significance, there are four properties open to visitors each requiring its own special approach ensuring that we deliver exceptional experiences throughout. You'll be responsible for delivering visitor programmes working with local communities and commercial partners to devise and implement events and activities for and with audiences ideally in the heritage, culture, arts, natural environment, sport or visitor attraction sector.
You'll be involved in all elements of development, in particular responding to audience insight to improve and develop an offer, inspiring others through our stories. We are looking for someone with a collaborative, empathetic approach who is able to adapt plans and styles to the needs of any given audience. The role is also operational during the main visitor season and will require the successful candidate to work between properties, prioritising the workload between some amazing places.
Being able to measure and evaluate outputs and demonstrate impact will be a requirement of the role. The ability to work and influence across all properties with close links to all departments at Sissinghurst will be critical to your success. This role will require you at times to be part of the Duty Management Team and at times to be operational.Please see role profile attached for more information.
Who we're looking forApplications from internal employees who are under notice of redundancy are assessed against the minimum criteria listed below. All other applicants may be assessed against other criteria in the advert and role profile.Any employees under notice of redundancy who meet the minimum criteria will progress to the next stage. In your application please provide details of how you meet the criteria for this role.
- Experience in directly delivering visitor programmes and/or working with community or commercial partners to deliver events and activities for and with audiences in the heritage or visitor attraction sectors.
- Experience in building, maintaining and developing partnership relationships in order to offer engagement opportunities to audiences of visitors, volunteers or community participants.
- A collaborative, empathic approach - able to adapt your plans and style to the needs of partners, team members and audiences
- Able to measure and evaluate outputs and demonstrate impact
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.