Based in the City, you will be part of a 20 strong analytical team with a broad array of expertise, analysing Insurance businesses globally. Client Details
Financial Services business based in London.Description
As the Finance Analyst you will carry out analysis on a portfolio of (re)insurers operating in the EMEA region including focusing on a number of Russian speaking companies, under the guidance and support of an analytical team leader.
- Responsible for timely and high quality credit assessments on a portfolio of (re)insurers, as well as producing accurate and informative publications to support the credit decision
- Regular interaction with senior management of (re)insurers and requirement to attend company meetings, with support from more senior colleagues, to obtain relevant information to support the credit assessment
- Conduct on-going surveillance of assigned portfolios and develop industry knowledge, including the identification of key trends and issues that may affect the assigned portfolio of (re)insurers
- Present analysis and contribute to internal discussions regarding the state of the (re)insurance markets and rating issues
- Contribute to external presentations, seminars and the writing and research of external specialist reports commenting on key market issues and trends.
- Additionally, the candidate will be expected to develop a network of contacts in the (re)insurance market (including clients, brokers and other stakeholders) for the purpose of developing market intelligence
You must have:
- Fluency in both Russian and English - ESSENTIAL
- Insurance sector knowledge (eg worked in Insurance sector or worked in Big Four Insurance Audit) - ESSENTIAL
- Strong knowledge of the insurance market and the principles of finance and accounting - ESSENTIAL
- Solid experience of conducting financial analysis, ideally within the insurance industry, financial services sector or a financial services consultancy firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of developing and managing professional relationships with external stakeholders
Competitive salary and benefits package including study support if required.