AJ Chambers are seeking a CTA qualified Tax Accountant to work in a medium-sized firm's North London office
This role will include both tax work, as well as some accounts. Experience in both areas will be needed for success in this role.
This is not your standard compliance role, as there will be a significant amount of advisory work available.Tax Accountant Responsibilities
Tax Accountant Requirements:
- Advise in meetings and in writing as to courses of action available to clients in respect of UK tax. This includes corporate taxes (Corporation Tax / VAT / ATED / SDLT) but also private client taxes (Income Tax / Inheritance Tax / Trusts etc)
- Prepare, finalise and review Accounts and Corporation Tax Returns for UK based and offshore clients re UK tax
- To research taxation related technical matters and advise in writing or in conversations. An experience with reading primary and secondary legislation would be useful
- Corporate restructuring (mergers / demergers / share sales or purchase / group transactions)
- Private Client and IHT planning including the use of Trusts
- To manage and review a more junior member of staff's work in respect of all of the above.
For more information on this Tax Accountant role, please contact Tom Sharland-Harris at AJ Chambers.
- 4 or 5 years post-examination (CTA) experience is preferred
- Experience with responsibilities listed above
- Effective communicator