SMT GB is a highly successful and industry leading full-service distribution company with a focus on providing specialist equipment for construction, material handling, recycling and transport industries. SMT GB now have a fantastic permanent, full time opportunity for a Strategic Account Manager to join the business.
The role of Strategic Account Manager is an exciting opportunity working in the Sales function. This will be a home-based role with travel required to work closely with our strategic and regional customers. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Accounts this role offers a unique opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Account Manager to apply their stakeholder management and business development skills to make a real impact on the team and business. With responsibility for the go-to-market plan both for strategic and industry segment you will also:
* Work in accordance with SMT GB standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care
* Actively participate at Customer Management meetings to ensure our customers are delivered the best experience.
* Prepare and conduct negotiations
* Maintain the relationship management plan to ensure periodic meetings happen with customer contacts
* Verify orders received and co-ordinate execution of the business
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Account Manager with:
* Mechanical Engineering experience, or a relatable background
* Agriculture or Construction background
* Experience of working with high volume and at pace
* The ability to work with people both internally and externally
* Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to design and implement a go-to-market plan.
* Strong communication skills
* Experience of facilitating or implementing change
If you are experienced in some or all of the aspects of this role and are excited by the opportunity to work with an internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction brand, then we would love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our successful business. Committed to employee engagement and professional development this position is being offered with a highly competitive base salary plus benefits which include: Company bonus, commission, Healthshield, pension and 25 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays)