A vacancy has arisen for an experienced accountant to support inventory accounting system changes as part of an on-going finance transformation project within an FMCG business.
The role will work closely with site accounting teams as well as the central finance team to ensure that any changes create a template for other areas of the business.
• Review and creation of documentation of inventory financial processes as-is' and to-be'
• Liaison with operational, finance and systems teams to deliver the change program
• Implement new BOMs in ERP system based on manual spreadsheet information
• Create new intermediate products where necessary to support correct inventory valuation
• Create process documentation for transfer of inventory through ERP system
• Test system changes to ensure correct accounting entries in general ledger and inventory system
Interested applicants must have experience of;
• Creation of in-system Bill of Materials (BOM)
• Valuation of inventory on hand at different stages of manufacturing process (experience of batch processed goods would be an advantage)
• Manufacturing process and necessary accounting for raw, materials, intermediate products and finished goods including the use of Lot/Batch processes.
• Process of actual to system inventory verification processes and system adjustments
• Utilisation of direct labour reporting using ERP systems
• Overhead/labour cost absorption into inventory
This role is being offered on an initial 6 month, fixed term contract basis. Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to work on site. The role will be support two sites, so interested candidates will need to be able to travel between the two, locally based sites.
Apply now for immediate consideration