JN Technical are recruiting an experienced Purchasing Manager for a leading Tier 2 Construction company. The successful candidate will join a market leading structural steel fabricator who are based in the East Midlands. Applicants must have proven procurement experience in the engineering industry. Knowledge of the steel fabrication and rail market is preferred but not essential.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a procurement/purchasing/buying role along with the ability to manage a small procurement department.
Role and responsibilities:
* Leading high impact projects that have complex procurement requirements, multi strand or diverse supply chain/market.
* Develop supplier management strategies in order to deliver targeted benefits and financial savings
* Accountable for ensuring sourcing strategies
* Review and challenge business case to ensure it is fit for purpose, and receives approval.
* Undertake a review of existing policies, practices, structures and spend to produce a prioritised plan for change.
* Provide specialist advice, guidance and service on leading practice procurement to all departments
* Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver outstanding performance in cost, service and quality
With the opportunity to work on a series of diverse construction projects across the UK This is an excellent opportunity for a driven Procurement Manager