- Serving as a confidential point of contact for all staff to seek clarification on issues of compliance
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance in specific investigations as appropriate
- Prepare regular reports of all trends and issues
- Coordinating the file review process and key dates process
- Assisting in the review of the compliance policies and procedures
- Assisting in the management of the firm's quality accreditations (Lexcel, ISO27001 and CQS)
- Assisting in developing and supporting an effective compliance communication program including promoting the use of the Risk & Compliance Microsite and raising awareness of emerging compliance issues and related policies and procedures
- Undertaking audits particularly to support firms ISO27001 accreditation
- Monitoring and considering the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the Compliance framework
- Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective, including providing support for tender applications
- Being proactive in providing risk and compliance support to internal projects, such as the development of new IT systems, to ensure that our regulatory responsibilities are met
- Undertaking any other ad hoc duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post
You will have previous experience of managing risk and compliance processes within a UK law firm including a detailed knowledge of the SRA, the regulatory framework and associated rules & legislation. You should also have a first degree in Law or legal qualifications.
NB the firm has offices in the North West, Midlands, London & South West and the role can be based at any of these or else be home based with travel to the offices when required.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Symes FCA on 020 7330 6966 or click the Apply button to submit your CV.