This is a great opportunity to work for a propriety trading firm which have offices here in the UK, America, Europe and a presence in Hong Kong. Trading 247 they trade in many financial products... With advanced technology and highly capable people at the core of what they do this firm is ahead of the curve in many ways. Culturally they strive to hire intellectually curious individuals who are interested in all things technical, but also people who excel in a collaborative & innovative environment.Your Job
You will be leading on defining the risk limits set by the PRA and embedding those limits within the firms risk appetite & framework. Other responsibilities include...
- Reporting into the Global Head of Risk & Reg Capital, you will be responsible for the UK based entity.
- Continuously updating & maintaining their risk framework and policies to ensure that Regulatory capital rules have been embedded across the UK business.
- Being aware and up to date of regulatory updates and changes and factoring this into your everyday work. Understanding products, product changes, business processes and process changes.
- Thinking outside the box on how to improve the efficiency of processes and the overall business.
- You will be responsible for preparing the firm's regulatory documents-including but not limited to the ICAAP and ILAA-and overseeing the firm's regulatory capital (COREP) reporting.
- Maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholder, all business functions and global counterparts.
As the ideal candidate you will have ...
- High level understanding of the UK regulatory environment for investment firms, familiarity with the regulatory capital rules and calculations in the EBA CRR and the new prudential framework for investment firms (IFR). (An understanding of prime brokerage is a bonus.)
- Previous experience within an Asset Manager.
- Proactive mindset & ability to work autonomously.
- Very organised & punctual.
If this sounds like you or someone you know then please contact Molly Phillips with a copy of your most up to date CV and the reason why you would like to apply on firstname.lastname@example.org.