Exciting, newly created opportunity to join a transformational business based in Warrington. The business is key to hire ASAP, therefore, immediate interviews will be offered. The role is responsible for leading the R2R team within the Finance Shared Service Centre. The opportunity is to develop and transform the R2R function as they take on responsibility for the Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet. This role will play a key part in transforming and changing the R2R function and shaping the new team going forwards to deliver a high standard of service.
Your role will cover the following;
- The Senior Management Accountant will ensure that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels and support internal and external stakeholders and the meeting of agreed SLA's. The role will present the Legal Entity Balance Sheets to the senior management and own the reconciliations and audits
- Lead an R2R team of 4, including staff management, 121s and personal development plans
- Manage the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines
- Provide business support to Commercial and the management team by supporting the FBP providing all information required to report management accounts, forecasting & Budgeting. Deliver the first draft P&L with commentary and work with FBPs to deliver the final report.
- Processes to be fully documented and periodically reviewed to ensure processes are up to date and are being adhered to
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off. Produce the Balance Sheet Reporting Pack for review and sign-off with the Group FD and CFO
- Monitoring and driving improvements through a defined set of record to report KPIs
- Lead the team to achieve the agreed group finance policies
- Work towards and feed into a continual improvement mind set within your team and the wider group finance team
- Developing the finance team and managing internal and external relationships
- Developing necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business
- Recommendations to improve, standardise and automate processes within the team. Technically and culturally.
- Presentation of the Management Accounts to the FBP in accordance with accounting timetables
- Managing the resource in the team to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Staff management and driving continual improvement within the team and the business.
- Appropriate application of accounting policies to produce technically robust management accounts.
- Building and maintaining of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the accounting deliverables; specifically, accurate monthly reporting, and maintaining and improving Balance Sheet Integrity across supported divisions
- The role is a key line of defence in ensuring that the accounts are statutorily correct, whilst at the same time providing insightful information to operational stakeholders
- The role will play a key role in the leadership of the accounting team and also within the overall shared services operation ensuring it is as effective, and as efficient, as possible.
- The role will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of service delivery in line with agreed timelines and service agreements. This performance will be measured by Key Performance Indicators as designated by management.
- Accounting will be conducted with statutory compliance and in line with the Group Finance policy
To be considered, you should have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum 5 years PQE with an extensive knowledge of the full month end close and reporting process
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- A minimum of 3 years line manager experience.
- Ability to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with.
- Significant and relevant experience of working within a General Ledger function, at a similar level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Essential experience of Oracle and SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of managing through a changing environment is preferred (end to end change management).
- Very strong focus on accounting accuracy, integrity and completeness.
- Experience of close liaison with external and internal audit teams and senior management
- Have a strong process focus, able to understand the various finance processes to a good technical level in order to craft messages and materials correctly and effectively.
- Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy to formulate trust at all levels
- A proven track record of team management and leadership
This is a fast-moving role so apply now for immediate consideration.