ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT - NORTHAMPTON
Our client based in Northampton are urgently seeking a full time Assistant Accountant to join their successful team.
Reporting to the Finance Director the role will include but will not be limited to:
• Assisting with the preparation of information required for annual Budget packs and year end statutory accounts, including preparation of Dormant accounts.
• Working with the Assistant to the Finance Director and Finance Director with any ad hoc duties and projects, including VAT support, accounts software update and a review of the Credit Control system.
• Analysing and investigating trends and anomalies on accounts, client ledgers, and within the accounting system.
• On occasions supporting the Finance Director and Assistant to the Finance Director in completing;
- Monthly and year end Payroll processes including completion of P11d's
- Assisting with month end management accounts tasks and preparation of elements of the finance pack
- Assisting with financial accounting duties including management of the fixed asset register, posting of journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Overall management of the purchase ledger function including monitoring the aged payables report.
To be successful, you will be a part qualified Accountant (ILFM, AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or have over 5 years of relevant working experience.
You must have extensive Payroll knowledge with an accomplished background in the completion of management accounts. It is essential you will also be able to demonstrate strong Excel abilities.
You will be detail orientated, with an analytical eye and mind-set so that you can investigate issues and anomalies effectively.
You will be an excellent communicator and ideally have previously worked within the legal sector and had experience of using SOS and/or LucaNet software.
For more information, click apply now