Production Manager - Mechanical Testing
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary & Package: Competitive Basic Salary + Bonus & Benefits Package
Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The company are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, they have been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across over 20 global sites. There are manufacturing facilities on every continent. The company focuses on industrial rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to help drive this organic growth across the world.
Our client is developing their production department and require a manager to run the day to day activities of the test area. You will provide leadership and support to your shift leaders, assembly engineers and wider team ensuring the build and test programmes are delivered on time, to cost and quality to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company.
* Manage day to day activities of the test areas to meet the overall programme plan requirement dates.
* Ensure that all company health, safety, environmental and quality standards and procedures are adhered to and targets achieved.
* Driving engineering, manufacturing, quality and purchasing for supply of parts to meet the schedule, holding them accountable for achieving their promised delivery dates.
* Working with manufacturing and quality to push rework through
* Continuous improvement in the people and processes.
* Co-ordination with 3rd party inspectors to sign off activities
* Strong understanding of rotating equipment testing and assembly methods
* Mechanical engineering background, heavily engineered machinery/equipment or other rotating equipment
* Excellent people skills
* Can do attitude and the willingness to do a variety of tasks