DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. We're part of the UK's biggest government department, and along with around 90,000 colleagues, we support over 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future.
Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
And very few other accessibility roles offer the chance to set the standard for digital products and services used by so many people, at such scale.
If that excites you, click Apply and start an application now. We'd love to hear from you.We're hiring a Head of Accessibility.
You'll need to be an expert and advocate for accessibility, capable of influencing at the highest level, to ensure our products, services, systems and solutions are accessible to all, by default.
Yes, you understand all the relevant laws and regulations, but you also understand the needs of our users and advocate for citizens and colleagues.
Accessibility is right of the top of our agenda. You'll have the support and backing of our most senior leaders.
And you'll have the drive, energy and expertise needed to build on that momentum. To pull in the right people, to build, support and influence teams that will define and deliver accessible services and an overarching Accessibility strategy.
You will define what DWP mean when we talk about Accessibility.
This is a role that you'll have real opportunity to shape and grow - you'll get involved in whatever and wherever you need to put Accessibility at the heart of our decisions, designs and delivery.What skills and experience will you need?
Where will you work?
- You have experience of leading on defining accessibility strategy, standards and best practices
- You have experience of the application of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines in digital services
- You have applied thorough knowledge of assistive hardware/software and activities related to accessibility testing
- You can positively influence key senior stakeholders
- You have experience communicating recommendations persuasively, identifying the best approach that meets the needs of citizens, teams and business
- You understand and can explain the ways people who have access requirements need to use services - including the things that help and hinder.
You'll join us in your choice our brilliant digital hubs in either Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield
Due to the COVID pandemic most of us are working from home. When we return to working from the office there will be an expectation of some travel between the digital hub locations where delivery teams are based: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £72,933
, a brilliant civil service pension of 27%+ and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all eligible candidates.