We are currently looking for a full time Assistant Accountant based to be based at our client's Northampton office.
Reporting to the Finance Director the role will include but will not be limited to:
- Assistance with preparation of information required for annual Budget packs and year end statutory accounts, including preparation of Dormant accounts,
- Working with the Assistant to the Finance Director and Finance Director with any ad hoc duties and projects, including VAT support, accounts software update and a review of the Credit Control system.
- Analysing and investigating trends and anomalies on accounts, client ledgers, and within the accounting system.
- On occasions supporting the Finance Director and Assistant to the Finance Director in completing:
- Monthly and year end Payroll processes including completion of P11d's
- Assisting with month end management accounts tasks and preparation of elements of the finance pack
- Assisting with financial accounting duties including management of the fixed asset register, posting of journals, accruals and prepayments.
- Overall management of the purchase ledger function including monitoring the aged payables report.
- Supporting the Legal Cashiers within the accounts team during busy periods, and as and when required,
- Adhere to Solicitors Accounts Rules and all relevant regulations.
The successful candidate will be a part qualified Accountant (ILFM, AAT, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or have over 5 years of relevant working experience. You must have extensive Payroll knowledge with an accomplished background in the completion of management accounts. It is essential you will also be able to demonstrate strong Excel abilities.
You will be detail orientated, with an analytical eye and mind-set so that you can investigate issues and anomalies effectively. You must value keeping information confidential, be self-motivated, have a 'can do' proactive attitude, and be a team player. You must have a proven track record of working to a high standard with minimal supervision with the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise workload and deliver accurate information first time.
An excellent communicator, you will ideally have previously worked in the legal sector
and had experience of using SOS and/or LucaNet software.