MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Transaction Execution and Risk Management (TERM), ISDA Negotiator Who we are
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. TERM
TERM executes a first line of defence role within the Investment Banking Division and houses the chief underwriting office, the loan negotiation group and a team of ISDA negotiators. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a documentation professional with experience in ISDA negotiation to support the Financing Group's derivatives team. The ISDA negotiator will be charged with negotiating ISDA Master Agreements and related documents for new and existing corporate and sponsor clients for this business area.
Useful languages (besides English): French, German, Dutch, Danish, Russian, Italian and Spanish, written and spoken. Principal responsibilities
Skills and Education
- Legal documentation negotiator of ISDA Derivative Master Agreements and related ancillary documents.
- Assisting lawyers in providing internal legal advice to the business and various other internal stakeholders on relevant legal issues.
- Undertake analysis of client/counterpart legal structure and conduct netting and collateral enforceability reviews.
- Liaison with counterparts, our business, credit officers, external counsel and various other internal stakeholders to ensure progression of files.
- Follow-up work, both internally and with counterparts to gather comments, information, review feedback and ultimately complete agreements.
- Organization of execution of completed agreements and dispatch for counterparts' signature.
- Follow-up work to ensure completion and closing of files.
- Other ad hoc projects arising out of legal/regulatory reform.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 2 years directly relevant ISDA negotiation experience.
- Holds full-time primary responsibility for autonomously negotiating ISDA documentation in current role.
- Knowledge of various legal entities across multiple jurisdictions, including funds, insurance companies and pension schemes.
- Proven excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure.
- Must have strong academics and IT and systems skills.
- Team spirit essential.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Enthusiasm and interest in development of documentation skills and using such skills for the completion of negotiation process.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills and develop full job ownership.
- Previous team lead or supervisory experience could be beneficial.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity