£50,000 - £55,000
This is a really exciting opportunity for work for PE backed Media organisation that are experiencing huge growth projecting. This opportunity will be directly supporting the Group Financial Controller in a hybrid Finance Manager position.Essentials
: ACA qualified (Practice trained), experiencing working in industry is desirable.Role:
The key point for the role is to professionalise and challenge the way processes are done. We are looking for the business to be more efficient in producing accurate monthly figures. You will be playing an important role in Audit, Tax preparations and all commercial finance matters. Finally, you will manage the Assistant Accountant and get involved in various different projects as they develop.Duties:
- Ensuring robust financial information is produced, including monthly management accounts.
- Continuous review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the business.
- Professionalise and challenge the way processes are done so we can be more efficient and produce accurate monthly figures.
- Provide support and advice on accounting issues.
- Responsibility for tax, including VAT, corporation tax and Tax relief.
- Key point of contact the annual statutory audit.
- Lead technical and commercial accounting projects.
- Management of Assistant Accountant
- Business partner with Department heads and the Production team
- Preparation of weekly rolling cash flow forecast
- Understand the business needs in all you do; and Building a 'best in class' transactional accounting function, providing strategic oversight and direction for transactional accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger.
- Audit experience
- Technical accounting knowledge
- 1 direct report - assistant accountant
- 6 months - 1 year industry experience
- Newly qualified
- Salary: £50-£55k