DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Delivering Winning Projects.
- Do you engage and influence stakeholders effectively?
- Are you a seasoned Programme Manager who can deliver different scales and variety of projects?
- Can you identify hybrid approaches in Agile/Waterfall?
- Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you!
We're looking for talented Lead Digital Project Manager
to join our growing Data & Analytics practice and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.You'll be building corporate memory, operational matching and building capability in the Digital & Analytics community.
This role centres initially around a remediation and transformation programme which is migrating 200TB of citizen data and 5000 users
with a budget of £10M.
You'll manage projects to deliver infrastructure and technologies that are used to store personal data, and provide data as a service as an organisation. Day to day you'll be engaging with stakeholders, running programmes, meshing technical vision and migration.
You'll need to be a strategic Project/Programme Manager with a broad blend of technical and people management skills. You have significant experience in Project Management and should previously have had a large remit delivering across a variety of different projects
You may have been a Delivery Lead in the past and you will ideally be Prince or certified in Agile with a broad technical skill set familiar with a highly complex technical environment. What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
Where you'll work
- Demonstrable history of leading project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, high risk projects.
- Experience in a digital project delivery role, managing projects across the entire project lifecycle or managing a portfolio of projects within a programme.
- Demonstrable history of making and justifying decisions characterised by high levels of risk, impact and complexity.
- Experience of managing risk and ensuring that solutions to problems are implemented in line with change control processes.
- Experience of leading effective collaboration across organisational boundaries and differing perspectives.
- Experience of managing internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Eligibility for Security Clearance will be necessary for this role.
You'll join us in one of our digital hubs in Blackpool, Newcastle or Sheffield.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community.We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers. We're the UK's biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £72,933 per annum
, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
APPLYClick apply now to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. For further information contact me https://www.linkedin.com/in/tianicholas/
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities and lots more.
- Learning and development tailored to your role