Our client is currently recruiting for Project Managers on a 1 year contract. This role could be based out of any of their offices including; London, Leeds, Reading, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Wokingham, Chelmsford, Perth, Bristol and Birmingham. You would be working remotely but would need to get into one of the offices easily for meetings etc.Experience of the Pensions industry is required for this role. Please make sure this is outlined on your CV.
This role is within the Project Management team. The key areas they provide support are:
- New Business activity
- Existing Scheme Support
- Project Management
- Systems Support
- Systems Development
- Business Interface with IT Services
- Management Reporting
As Project Manager, your areas of responsibility will include new business activity, existing clients, business change and system development projects.
As a project manager, your areas of responsibility will include:New Business Activity
Currently this is the largest active area for the Project Management team covering new business opportunities for DB and DC schemes as well as the National Pensions Trust . Activity begins at in the tender process where team members assist with producing tender documents, including providing high level project documents such as project plans and present our project management approach to prospective clients.
Once the business has been won, the project manager is responsible for the successful completion of the project and ensuring all the work streams are completed by the agreed go live date. MoExisting Clients
In addition to new business activity, PM support existing clients by providing project management for ad-hoc projects that may arise. Examples of such projects are DC Switches, Calculation basis changes or Communications projectsBusiness Change and System Development Projects
PMs are involved in the management of projects for business change projects and the development of new systems/enhancement of existing systems. Business change projects can include the acquisition and integration of new business units. System projects will involve liaising directly with third party system developers to ensure the project remains on track.Knowledge & experience
- Project Management experience from concept to implementation.
- Experience of having worked in pensions industry a distinct advantage and those candidates will be what our client is specifically looking for at the moment.
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent, candidates with strong A-Level qualifications (or equivalent qualifications) who possess relevant experience will be considered.
- Prince 2 Practitioner qualification beneficial.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and respond to changing priorities.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work.
- IT proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to create and manage documentation.
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Flexible approach to work pressures.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in documentation.