A leading engineering business that has for more than 10 years been leading the way in the UK within their specialist sector. This is a sole charge role, assuming responsibility for the complete finance function, working in a very team orientated business where their goal is to excel in everything they do.
Finance Manager - About The Role
You will be managing the day-to-day financial control and management, ensuring strong financial control/process are established:
* Reporting to the MD, provide financial support ensuring effective financial management of the business including budgets, forecasting, business planning
* Financial control, balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, VAT returns, quarterly financial reporting
* Monthly management accounts including the co-ordination of the month-end process to achieve reporting deadlines
* Review and ongoing improvement of existing systems and accounting procedures, particularly as business expands
* Assist with coordination of year end audit and draft statutory accounts
* Support the General Manager with meaningful reporting, help improve the efficiency of the company
* Other ad hoc financial duties, reporting and analysis as required
The successful Finance Manager will have:
Qualified or QBE, more importantly you will have experience in a small thriving business that is and will continue to be in growth mode
Ideally you will have experience within engineering/manufacturing background with advanced Excel skills and be very computer literate, Xero would be particularly helpful.
You will possess strong communication skills and be very hands on.
Finance Manager - Benefits
25 days holiday
Discretionary annual bonus
New role - excellent opportunity to join exciting, dynamic, and expanding company
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)