Data Protection Manager - Top-tier Employer - Milton Keynes - £65,000 - £70,000 plus benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Data Protection Manager for one of the leading employers in Milton Keynes.
This is a permanent role paying up to £70,000 plus a great benefits package and is supportive of flexible working,
The purpose of the role is to ensure the business follows data protection laws, manages data risks, and promotes best data practice throughout the organisation.
- Inform and advise all levels of staff and management of obligations under data protection legislation, including developing and refining working practice and creating in house workshops and training sessions
- Respond to data protection queries from the organisation and provide pragmatic, commercially minded advice and support.
- Develop, review and oversee appropriate policies and procedures for data handling and retention across all types of media
- Promote data protection matters through regular contact and day to day support / business partnering
- Work with departments to conduct data protection due diligence on new and existing suppliers within UK, EU and internationally.
- Support and advise legal team with contractual data protection provisions when required.
- Work with the data protection team and external DPO to provide high quality advice and support when responding to Subject Access Requests, breaches of personal data and information security incidents within the required statutory timeframes
- Advise on and support with Data Protection Impact Assessments, Legitimate Interest Assessments, Record of Processing Activities and Data Mapping
- Contribute to the development of data protection strategy and privacy by design,
- Work closely with IT Security Manager to implement best practice in personal data management and handling
- Preparing board and executive committee reports regarding data protection compliance across the Institute and presenting at Board level.
- Working with the DPO to carry out regular auditing and monitoring regarding compliance with data protection legislation within departments.
This is a fantastic role with a top-tier employer in the local area, a company which offers a brilliant culture and is supportive of flexible-working and ensuring a great work-life balance.
As such this is an opportunity not to be missed - Apply now to find out more.