The Programme Accountant role is a key part of the UK Portfolio team focused on the provision of high quality analysis and information to support Portfolio level decision making. This role will have regular customer interaction and will require the development of strong relationships with both internal and customer partners.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- Good communication skills are crucial to work effectively across the multi-functional team
- Ability to form good working relationships across Portfolio and Project teams
- Qualified accountant (ACMA/ACCA) or relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of long term contract accounting including IFRS15 and Estimate at Completion (EAC) processes
- Commercially aware and able to interpret contract for financial analysis
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Finance systems and tools (e.g. SAP) and MS Excel
What would you get?
- This role sits across the entire UK Portfolio and such, is a wide remit that comes with a range of challenges and chances to lead on a day-to-day basis.
- We offer the opportunity to further develop skills around financial planning/reporting and commercial financial management
- Opportunity to develop relationships both internally (finance and non-finance) and with customer contacts
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role!
Here's what's great about our team!
- Customer / Contractual reporting lead for the UK Portfolio ensuring timely, right first time submissions to the customer supported by robust processes and tools
- Management of the Forecast Outturn Price (FOP) process across the UK Portfolio engaging with MBDA project teams to ensure overall analysis is accurate and insightful
- Partnering with the commercial and programme teams to manage the financial annexes of the UK Portfolio contract supporting project teams as needed including contract closure and cost certificates
- Run all internal accounting, forecasting and planning for Portfolio level trading and lead the invoicing process for the whole Portfolio
- Provide direct leadership to Portfolio Finance Officer and support the wider programmes finance teams
- The MBDA programmes finance community is a well-integrated network, always looking to work together and learn from each other's experiences. The team is dynamic and hard-working whilst always finding time to build relationships both within finance and across the wider business.
- The UK Portfolio team is multi-disciplined and covers a broad range of topics - great for learning new things and developing new skills. As the main conduit to the UK customer there is also the opportunity to learn about the external environment and the challenges presented.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.