Residential Support Worker- Brentwood
Flexible Pay Rates
At Better Healthcare, we truly believe that caring is a vocation not just a job. We understand the pressures of the role so ensure that all of our care workers are valued, respected and supported.
We are currently looking for Residential Support Workers in Brentwood who want to make real difference to the lives of young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We can offer you work with shifts that fit your lifestyle; Full-time, nights or weekends are available for suitable candidates.
You will maintain a nurturing, positive and safe living environment within the service in order to meet the needs of the children and young people. You will be alert to their needs, safety and wellbeing whilst being supportive in promoting independence.Responsibilities include:
- Participate in the development of care plans for individual children and young people.
- Carry out regular observations and assessments of the children and young people.
- Report writing
- Use initiative to independently respond to unexpected problems or situations.
- Supporting with daily skills
- Support with implementing activities
- You will have worked in children's homes previously or have worked in the care sector.
- Possess excellent people skills.
- Have a passion for supporting young people with emotional behavioural difficulties.
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Be able to demonstrate positive personal authority.
- Have great communication skills.
- NVQ Level 3 in children and young people - Desirable but not essential
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing training and development, including opportunity to study NVQ
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your lifestyle
- Recommend a friend scheme.
Please note that all child support staff must be at least 21 years old. No person can work in a children's home unless they are at least 3 years older than the oldest child accommodated.
Apply to us now if you really want to make a real difference to these Young People`s lives.