Engineering Manager (Days)
Location: Kirkham, Lancashire
Salary: Competitive + Prospects
Shifts: 4 of 4 off Days
Our Kirkham bakery, home of the "Party Ring", is now recruiting for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the team on the days shift.
The Engineering Manager will manage an efficient and effective proactive maintenance service to the business. You will support various CI projects with zero downtime and waste mindset, whilst using a standardised CI process, this will involve running RCA events on major issues (production/engineering or quality orientated) across site, also supporting the implementation of a world class asset management system. You will be expected to identify, raise and implement Capital Investment opportunities across site. The delivery of a development plan for the engineering department day teams will be a strategic part of this role.
About The Role:
As the Engineering Manager you will be working with a 50 man engineering team, on a site of circa 580 employees.
You will be directly supporting the shift team leaders for delivery of engineering KPI's and support breakdowns and planned maintenance work delivering reliable production output weekly.
You will directly work with two other engineering managers on opposite shifts. Along with being responsible for the downtime, waste and OEE for this shift. You will also be directly accountable for the Engineering Shift Teams, their development, shift resource, shift PPM/EWR completion. You will also be responsible for all accountabilities of the team
* A recognised apprenticeship within an engineering discipline (preferably FMCG) minimum of HNC level is required
* Understanding of the use of automation in a manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of mechanical and electrical fault finding techniques
* Understands electrical & mechanical machine drawings and scales.
* Basic IT skills - Excel is a requirement
* Basic understanding of CI procedures and techniques.
* Able to create and manage Capital projects.
* Basic knowledge of LEAN techniques (kaizen, 5s, 6 Sigma, RCA, 5 whys etc)
* Good understanding of GMP/GHP is required
* A working knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering Processes and Procedures
* Basic understanding of BRC policies and procedures
* Ability to drive and motive the teams
* Presentation skills are required, SMT to be presented to every quarter - on personal projects
* Good knowledge of Electrical Engineering procedures e.g. LOTO
Here at Fox's Biscuits (Kirkham) we pride ourselves on creating an environment that nurtures talent and allows people to grow through offering ongoing training and the chance to progress your career. We have a long serving workforce which we're proud of, as it demonstrates how much of a great place this really is to work. Oh and hey we make Biscuits, what's not to like about that J
So if you're ready to join a business that values it's people and can offer long term employment in a great environment, then what are you waiting for ???????