We are looking to recruit a Reporting Systems Accountant to join a highly motivated and industry leading team on a 12-month fixed term contract. If you are looking for your next challenge, then we might just have the role you've been looking for.
The Reporting Systems Accountant will play a key role in reporting the results of the Retail business within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). They will drive excellence in data integrity and systems innovation of finance systems, providing support and guidance to finance users across the Retail division.
- Responsible for upload, maintenance, completeness and accuracy of monthly/forecast & budget Retail financial data into the relevant finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of financial data between finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other), identifying and resolving discrepancies/mismatches (for both financial and statistical data)
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial reporting systems, e.g., liaising with IT teams to ensure new PCs, CCs, G/L accounts are created in a timely manner for the wider finance teams to use.
- Assist the wider Reporting team with monthly/yearly and other ad-hoc reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of forecast and budget models (excel based primarily)
- Creating ad-hoc reports and analysis as required by the FC, FD or Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Responsible to manage user access of finance systems and for provision of ongoing support to users.
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in relation to practices, processes and models/templates used within the reporting function.
- Act as the back-up admin/support for COPA related tasks and activities
- Develop and maintain the applicable documentation and supporting flowcharts (specific to Retail) for relevant finance systems, where not already provided by Group.
- Participation in Finance systems development / implementation projects, when and where required.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification is desirable.
- Relevant experience in a group finance analysis or reporting role, including profit and loss/balance sheet analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience with HFM / Essbase or similar systems
- Experience of working with SAP and previous exposure to multi-currency FX calculations desirable.
- Knowledge of Power BI or other Data Analytical system preferred but not essential.
- Must be an Advanced Excel user
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners at all levels,
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications,
- Proactive and flexible attitude with sound analytical & problem-solving skills
About the Company:
gateretail, a part of the gategroup, was established as a one-stop retail solutions provider for airlines worldwide.
At gateretail, we have the global reach, resources and expertise to maximize your retail operations, ancillary revenue and enhance your passengers' experience. We currently work with leading airlines across the globe, providing flexible and innovative product and service solutions. We will work closely with you to understand your specific requirements, so we can tailor the best solution for you.
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire LU1 3LU
Contract Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover - 12 months)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Accountant, Systems Accountant, Project Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager, Qualified Accountant, Financial Controller, Part Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, AAT, etc.