Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible for supporting and implementing key day-to-day activities carried out by the International Development (ID) Communications team in line with plans to promote company's ID business. This work will help to promote a wide range of company's themes, programmes and projects to key audiences including donors, member countries and partners. Key accountabilities:
Work with the ID Communications Manager to help create awareness and engagement with Company's ID work. For example:
- Researching, writing and posting blogs and news stories
- Planning and implementing communications activities to promote key ID centre and theme work using a range of digital communication channels including organic and paid social media campaigns, email marketing, PPC and SEO; and measuring results using analytics and platform data
- Providing communications support for key events and webinars
- Supporting the regular updating and publication of staff profiles, project webpages, theme and centre webpages on WordPress
- Providing communications support to specified international development projects as required
- Carrying out other ID communications activities e.g. developing collateral, digital content for social media and videos; helping to maintain company's YouTube channel
- This role will also support and implement internal communications activities in conjunction with the HR team with the aim of helping to improve internal comms within the ID business and company more widely.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Education & Qualifications
- Degree level education preferably in development or agriculture
- The successful candidate will be numerate with good oral and written communication skills.
- Good copy writing skills are required.
- Experience of marketing and communications required
- Experience in International Development or agriculture would be advantageous but not essential.
- Committed to clear, concise use of English
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Engaged with development issues
- Team player
- Organisational skills
- Customer focus
- Time management
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities. Please note
that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.