Engineering Services Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Shift: Week Days
Whether you're a "Nibbler, Dunker or a Full Packet Muncher" - We're all about being the best biscuit bakery in Britain!
A new opportunity is now available for an experienced Engineering Services Manager to join our Engineering team at one of the UK's most loved brands, Fox's Biscuits; makers of the Party Ring, Rocky Robin, Viennese and many more. The role is based at our Kirkham Bakery which has over 580 people on site. The Engineering Team is made of 31 people and the Engineering Services Manager will have 3 direct reports.
The Engineering Services Manager will provide an effective management of the site services and utilities, while supporting the efficient running of the factory. They will be directly accountable for the Engineering Shift Teams, their development, shift resource, shift PPM/EWR completion. They will also be responsible for all accountabilities of the team. The Engineering Services Manager will also closely support the site EHS strategy with respect to legal and company compliance requirements.
Its an exciting time at Fox's Biscuits and roles like this really don't come around very often.
This is where you come in...
As a key member of the Engineering Team and working at our large manufacturing sites, you will play an important role in ensuring that core maintenance processes are always executed to high standards, resulting in the availability of high quality asset information which is then used to drive continuous improvement, efficient maintenance planning, optimum stock holding and site audit readiness.
* Direct responsibility for performance and maintenance delivery associated with infrastructure, utilities and site services
* Ensuring the on time execution of legal compliance requirements, resulting in positive audit outcomes for Health, Safety & BRC inspections
* Indirect responsibility for the site Work Planning & Control process and reporting, resulting in optimum resource utilisation & labour efficiency
* Indirect responsibility for the site Materials Management process, resulting in an optimum stock holding coordinated across similar sites
* Ensuring auditing of the safe system of work process, along with taking a lead role in RAMS creation/development for planned activities
* Direct responsibility for structuring technical skills development across the site, resulting in execution of a clear training plan for engineering
* Act with integrity at all times to build a culture of professional engineering and proactive equipment-focussed continuous improvement skills
This is an opportunity like no other and we're looking to forward to seeing what you can really do...
* Engineering Degree qualification or equivalent time-served experience in Engineering
* Broad knowledge of steam boilers, air compressors and HVAC systems
* Experience of setting up and managing engineering management processes
* Experience of directly managing engineering activities
* Specific experience of defining a weekly activity plan with known resources, skills & materials
* Proven ability to get the best from a diverse team through a calm and clear approach
* Strong experience in managing safe working and ensuring safe systems of work are followed
* Experience and knowledge of Lean and Asset Care Excellence techniques - particularly CMMS
* Knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) Systems
* Experience and examples of structuring technical skill development within internal teams
* Direct Line Management Experience
* Specific experience of managing reactive to proactive asset management - e.g. FMECA / RCM
* IOSH Accredited/Trained or Equivalent
* Experience of working alongside Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) Inventory Optimisation providers - knowledge of best practices
* Presentation skills - update presentations to be provided to the Senior Management Team on a routine basis
* Good understanding of GMP/GHP is required
* Good working knowledge of the specific requ