Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK. With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to brands such as John Lewis, River Island, SuperDry and The NHS.
We care about our employees and recognise that without capable individuals working together as a unit, we would not be where we are today. We therefore offer a host of developmental and progression opportunities to ensure we nurture our people, allowing them to grow with us.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a fully comprehensive financial support service to the site operational teams, monitor contract costs and evaluate budget and operational assumptions.
Key Accountabilities of the role:
• To produce weekly management information, and monthly packs, relating to separate site contracts
• To process internal cross charges and Clipper trial balances
• To provide and interpret financial information relative to separate contracts
• To monitor cost flows and to identify future trends
• To evaluate ways to cut costs and present viable options to the Finance Manager/ GM
• To manage budgets and provide accurate information and costing; providing a detailed variance analysis breakdown against Budget/Forecast.
• To ensure that all purchase orders and supplier invoices are logged and processed
• To undertake all other tasks as reasonably requested by the Finance Manager & Site Manager
• To ensure Customer KPI reports are completed accurately and timely
• To participate in Customer meetings regarding financial analysis and budgets
Experience required for the role:
• Previous experience working in a fast paced accountancy function
• Solid understanding of Management Accounting
• Advanced excel skills including the ability to use formulas to a good standard
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
• Part Qualified (CIMA or equivalent) required
Do you have the ability, agility and capability to join #TeamClipper?