We are looking for a Communications and Engagement manager to join the team on a 6 month contract (which could be extended for another 6 months) in the Oxford area.
The role will be to work collaboratively and in support of communications and engagement team colleagues in the development, delivery and evaluation of:
The councils' communications and engagement strategies
The communications and engagement forward plan
Development and defence of the corporate brand
The guardianship and development of the councils' reputation
The postholder will manage a multidisciplinary communications and engagement team (capital projects and programmes) covering proactive and reactive external communications, stakeholder engagement and consultation and engagement. The postholder is expected to work closely with the corporate communications and engagement service managers to strategically manage resources and ensure consistency in practice.
Key responsibilities include
· Provide expert and professional communications and engagement advice to directors, senior officers and councillors on the promotion and protection of the councils' work and reputation through local, national, specialist media and social media.
· Ensure effective, legal and safe management and delivery of relevant consultation and engagement activity.
· Support programme and project managers to build and maintain strong, credible and meaningful relationships with external stakeholders and partners to deliver best outcomes
· Ensure complaints and representations are dealt with promptly and courteously. In liaison with corporate colleagues, operational managers, HR and others as appropriate, raise issues arising from complaints, FOI's and engagement findings as appropriate, with projects and programme managers, DLT and members.
· Support project specific stakeholder mapping and ongoing stakeholder analysis activities. Maintain the active stakeholder communications and engagement log that supports operational activites and meets legal and regulatory requirements.
· Oversee the work of third-party contractors carrying out communications, marketing, consultation and engagement activities on behalf of the council; provide quality control.
· To manage and supervise the staff within the team to ensure the most effective, efficient and appropriate services are provided.
· To interpret and transmit policy decisions and information to staff, ensuring that a two-way productive communication process is fostered.
· Ensure that effective systems are in place for recruitment, development and performance management in line with the council's HR policies and procedures.
· Accountable for effective team budget management, compliance with financial rules, identifying pressures and savings and bringing in a balanced budget.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy