A great opportunity to join a dynamic and successful Finance team. We are looking for an experienced Interim Management Accountant to support the group finance function in preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, balance sheet project work, month end postings, and statutory accounts preparation.
This is 6 month fixed term contract.
About the role
Duties will include:
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations in conjunction with the wider group accounting team, ensuring all deliverables are consistently met.
- Supporting on various balance sheet projects ahead of a major software implementation.
- Ensuring all assigned balance sheet accounts and balances are routinely reconciled and fully substantiated.
- Liaising with global finance teams in a group oversight capacity to ensure timely coordination of tasks.
- Preparing month end journals in conjunction with the wider group accounting team.
- Providing ad hoc requests and analyses as part of the year end statutory audit process.
- Preparing annual financial statements, notes, and audit files in accordance with FRS102.
- Actively contribute towards the timely achievement of wider finance team deliverables and continuous improvement of internal processes.
- Ensuring the group chart of accounts is properly controlled and correctly maintained.
- Supporting the team as required, providing cover for team members in times of absence.
- Gaining a full understanding of all procedures and systems in place - "roll sleeves up" and help the team when necessary.
- Maintaining good relationships with other departments within the business.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in a group accounting role / balance sheet controls (essential)
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills (essential)
- Good practical knowledge of FRS102 (essential)
- Experience of Elite Enterprise / Elite 3E and SAP Business Objects (desirable)
- Qualified Accountant - ICAS, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent (essential)
- Have a relevant degree in finance and accounting (2.1 preferred)
- Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to operate independently.
- Able to discuss and present issues in a confident, professional and appropriate way.
- Good understanding of financial controls and practical application of policies.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload, persevering to get the job done.
- Disciplined working under pressure, a team player diligent and reliable in nature.
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do" approach.
- Pride in producing high quality, accurate and timely information.
- Well organised with determination to meet agreed deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal with non-finance related personnel.
CMS is an international law firm with leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond. We create sustainable and rewarding futures for our clients, our people and our communities.
Ranked as the world's 5th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in over 40 countries from 70+ offices worldwide.
CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees! Benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
- Flexible holiday purchase
- Private Medical Health Insurance
- Pensions package
- Health & wellbeing incentives
- Cycle to work scheme
- Individual office perks
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status ("Protected Characteristics"). Click here to see our Equal Opportunities statement.
All job applicants will be treated fairly and judged solely on their merits. If you have a disability which is likely to affect you adversely within the application process, please let us know (as soon as you feel comfortable to do so) so that we can consider whether we can make any adjustments to the process that will allow you to be considered fairly for the role.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Rachel Taylor,Talent Acquisition Advisor via email at , for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.