Becoming a PMO Manager with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract as a PMO Manager with remote working options. The PMO Manager will join the Portfolio & PMO Management team and play a key role in the successful delivery of the DCC change portfolio. The PMO Manager will be leading a team of senior PMO and PMO analysts and working alongside programme directors and senior leadership across a number of fast paced, high profile programmes.
What you'll be doing:
· Provide leadership of the PMO team ensuring effective and efficient programme and project controls and reporting are in place.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with Programme Leadership, being able to influence and provide scrutiny, challenge and insight across the programmes.
· Be accountable for the provision of all key PMO services, Planning, Costs, Resourcing, Risk and Issue management, MI reporting, Governance, Controls and methodology compliance
· Grow the capability of the PMO function to meet the changing needs of the business
· Develop and mature improved capability across programme and project delivery
· Ensure DCC methodologies, standards, policies and templates are applied effectively across assigned programmes and take appropriate action where exceptions occur.
· Build consultative relationships with wider Senior Management Leadership Teams, including Programme Directors, Director of Practice and ExCo
What we're looking for:
Extensive experience leading a PMO team in a Senior PMO, Lead PMO or PMO Manager role working in a fast paced, complex IT focused and regulated environment
Strong experience working effectively with third parties throughout the process
Exceptional collaboration, relationship development and relationship management skills with the confidence to effectively challenge others where appropriate
Excellent communication and drafting skills with an ability to filter and interpret technical programme updates and provide clear, concise reports for non-technical audiences
Proficient use of PPM applications, Clarity, and MS applications including Sharepoint, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
Experience of financial tracking and reporting against budgets
About Smart DCC
Smart DCC believes in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's going to support the mass roll out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. That makes this a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future. If you thrive in environment of change and innovation, then Smart DCC is the place for you.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Remote working options for this contract
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact (url removed)