Permanent part-time at 22.2 hours (3 days) per week, Term Time plus 2 weeks* (40 weeks).
*Please note: Term Time plus 2 weeks is 39 weeks during School Term Time and 1 week during school holidays.FTE Salary:
Band 3 - £18,400 - £23,820 p.a (Pro-rata for reduced hours)Pro-rated Salary:
Band 3 - £9,824.25 - £12,718.13 p.a.Location:
Currently remote due to Covid-19 with future flexibility required to work across schools in Hertfordshire and neighbouring counties.
Do you have experience of book keeping and month end?
Have you ever considered a career in education finance where you can use your transactional skills to support schools to make a difference to children's life chances across Herts and beyond?
Would you enjoy applying your knowledge and experience to supporting schools and academy trusts?
If the answer is yes, why not join Herts for Learning Ltd where you can make a positive difference and further develop your career in education finance.
In this role you will deliver bookkeeping services up to trial balance in a portfolio of schools, mainly with academies but also with schools maintained by Hertfordshire County Council.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with accounting experience, who is a team player and committed to delivering an excellent customer service to schools and academies. Being AAT qualified and familiar with using financial management systems is desirable. This is an excellent opportunity to either start or progress a career in education finance, with many opportunities for career progression within the team. Full training will be given.
The team are working remotely where possible to support their schools and when required, providing onsite support to their allocated schools in line with Government guidelines. Therefore a full driving licence and access to a car, which is insured for business purposes is essential.
Main areas of responsibility
- To process and input all financial transactions into schools' accounting systems to include:
- Purchase ledger and non-purchase ledger items
- Sales ledger items
- Other income and expenditure
- Month end journals
- To deliver services either based in schools across Hertfordshire and neighbouring counties or centrally in our main office in Stevenage.
- To complete the month end processes including bank reconciliations
- To travel across Hertfordshire and neighbouring counties looking after a portfolio of schools.
- To work independently delivering transactions services.
- To ensure that all activities promote the organisation's values and behaviours
- Experience of using a financial management system. (PS Financials, Sage for Education or Access Education Finance desirable but not essential, full training will be given)
- AAT qualified or equivalent accounting experience.
- Ability to demonstrate your experience of using and applying financial regulations and procedures in your work
- Willingness to learn new skills and systems with a desire to continually improve and develop the service.
- A keen interest in working in the area of the financial management of schools.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service when supporting schools.
- Delivering high quality financial management advice to school leaders on the use of their resources.
- Highly numerate with a meticulous eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, reliable and capable of working alone with the minimum of supervision or as part of a team to support the delivery of services.
- Highly organised and able to plan and manage work to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient use software packages such as Microsoft office and in particular Excel.
If you want to know more about this opportunity, please contact Louise Shaw who would be happy to chat to you on 07931 530320 or email email@example.com
If you're ready to apply, download and complete the HfL application form and submit a detailed cover letter, explaining how you meet the requirements of the job outline. Once completed, please submit the forms by email via the button below.
For recruitment queries, our Central Recruitment Team can also be contacted by email via the button below.
We would love to hear from you.Closing Date:
Tuesday 19th January 2021 at middayInterview Date*:
Friday 29th January 2021
*Please note that the interviews will be taking place remotely.